From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Evert Bakker (PA2KW)
Sent: Wednesday, December 28, 2011 2:31 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] K3 keyer

Hello,

Excuse me for the little side step

I used to have the CMOS Super Keyer II for more then 20 years I guess and
always had fun using it.

It was the way I learned to paddle.

After I got the K3, the first 2 years I used the internal K3 keyer and it
was doing a good job. It just gave me the same feeling as the CMOS keyer.

Than I bought the Microham MKII  and started to use that (internal)keyer.
And right from the beginning it just felt different.

I was obviously very used (or spoiled) with the "dit" memory and couldn't
send proper CW anymore. Lot's of mistakes like  WA2KW  instead of  PA2KW

I did try a lot of CW settings in the router software but I can't get it to
feel the same. There is a DIT memory checkbox but it just doesn't seem to
work or the memory period is shorter then the CMOS keyer and the K3 uses

I told my self to be persistant and learn to coop with the new feeling. But
after 2 years I feel ashame for my "bad" CW. I have to accept that I'm not
going to learn it "the new way" anymore

Can anyone tell me if there is a setting somewhere to solve this which I
overlooked.

Thanks in advance.

73's, Evert PA2KW