Phil,
The KPAK3 AUX Cable is about 3 feet long. I found that it was too short for my
station. It is great if you stack the K3 and linear on top of each other but
other configurations the cable can be too short. I cut up an old parallel
printer cable which was shielded and had enough conductors. I bought the DB-15
plug and connector and using the cable schematic in the KPA-500 manual built
mine about 5 feet long. It works  great.

Assembly took me about 4 hours. It is not quite involved as the K3 but there is
a lot of assembly. It is worth getting the kit.

73
Dave KD1NA

Finally I am getting around to seriously consider getting the KPA500.  But, a
couple of questions:

(1)  How long is the KPAK3AUX cable?  From one diagram (image) on the web site
it does not look much longer then 1.5 feet.  Is the short length required for
timing issues?  With the way my shack is set up right now, I could not place
the KPA500 right next to the K3.

(2)  The difference in cost from kit to factory built is $400.  Does this
rather high cost reflect the complexity of the "building" process or merely the
cost of the amp (at $2000).  I did the K3 build in what I would consider
average time of about 8 hours.  How does the KPA500 compare to the K3 in
complexity and build time.

(3)  The PC serial interface is direct to the PC (Mac in my case) via a serial
to USB cable, correct?  I mean, it does not interact with other equipment
(serially connected) such as the K3 or P3, true?

Thanks for your help.

73, phil, K7PEH