Casey,

To be safe, make one check before proceeding with anything else - check
the 8T signal line to be certain it is at a low voltage (CB Q1 Collector
or RF board D7 anode).  If it is near zero volts all is OK there, but if
it is near 8 volts, then that must be corrected before investigating
anything else.

OK, I am going to assume that 8T is near zero volts --- (if not true,
ignore what follows and get back to us).
It would appear that the /ENC RD signal line is being pulled low at all
times - it would be nice to observe it with a 'scope to see how
frequently that signal is low.
You can check the encoder by reading the voltage on the ENC A and ENC B
signal lines to the microprocessor.  As you slowly turn the encoder
shaft, they should vary from a high level to a low level.  If that
happens, the encoder is likely OK.

I would suggest you record all your menu settings (the K2 A to B
Instructions have a nice chart for that) and then do a Master Reset -
re-enter all the menu entries afterwards and see if the problem goes
away.  If the Master Reset did not correct it, Front Panel U3 may be faulty.

73,
Don W3FPR