George,

II don't know about the Astron power supplies. You need to remove the cover and see if there is a screw driver adjustment for voltage. Maybe someone on the reflector knows; this was discussed a few years ago. I currently am using a RS 6 amp PS to float the old car battery at 13.8 volts and it does not have any adjustment. I have a Diamond 40 A power supply with a knob on the front that adjusts the voltage, but I am not using it to float the battery. The idea of the battery is to use it for high current on transmit and float it to keep it charged. It does go down to 11 -11.7 volts after a extended period of operation.

73,  Chas, W1CG

At 08:43 AM 7/16/2005, you wrote:
Hi
So are you connecting the 14 volt supply to
The power connector or connecting in some other way (direct to the battery)
Is there an easy way to boost the voltage on
any of the astron power supplies?
I have several and can dedicate one to
The k2

George Ne2i

-----Original Message-----
    From: "Charles Greene"<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    Sent: 7/16/05 8:25:35 AM
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Elecraft List"<elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
    Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Another Battery Question

    Tom,

If you can adjust your power supply to 14.0 volts, it should work a little better. I bought my K2 battery with the K2 in 1999 (S/N 462), and it still is as good as new. I also bought a Power Sonic 0.5 amp automatic charger,
    and it floats the battery all the time.  It charges the battery at a
    constant current until 14.4 volts is reached, then maintains a constant
voltage until the battery is charged as sensed by the current decreasing to a small value, then floats the battery at about 13.8 volts. My perception is that if the battery is not topped off at 14.4 volts it never is fully
    charged, but it may reach full charge if floated at 13.8 volts
    constantly.  It just takes longer to reach full charge.

    73,  Chas, W1CG