Here's an update with photos of the innards.

I think there might be a way to rewire this one, but it would require
cutting part of the switch. Not sure about that... Right now it's shaped
like an "S" when not depressed:

 ----       (white wire connects here)
{
 ---
    }
----         (black wire connects here)

When the pedal is depressed, it looks more like this:

 ----       (white wire connects here)

 ---
/    }
----         (black wire connects here)

So, the switch is open. See the photos here.

https://picasaweb.google.com/john.shadle/YamahaFootswitchForPTTOnTheK3?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCNTGxcrS-qLoeg&feat=directlink

-john