Hi everyone,

Last night, I finished building and testing the KPA100.  Today, I made several
QRO contacts and got good reports on the audio from the KSB2 and the Heil desk
mike.

K2 # 4970 also has the noise blanker, DSP filter and 160 meters installed.  The
DSP filter is incredible.  Signals seem to just pop out of a nearly quiet
background when it's on.  I love this radio.  It's better than my 756 pro II.

The only odd things I encountered while testing the amp were:

1) on 160 M the current draw is about 27-28 amps at 100 W out, all other bands
are 20 amps or less;

2) maximum attainable output on 30 meters is 68 watts; all other bands reach
100 watts + except 10 meters, which reaches about 90 watts.

Other than this, the radio and all its options are working perfectly.

What I am wondering about is whether or not the amp is working normally.  Has
anyone had the same experience

Thanks and 73,

John, W2GW