After success on K2#4565, KAT2, KDSP2, KNB2, KAT2, KSB2, and KPA100, I’ve hit
a problem with my KAT100.   No relay action at all.

When I power up and connect the KAT100 and K2/KPA100, the K2 menu shows ATU
and multiple ATU options submenu, the KAT100 LEDs correctly show switching
between ANT1 and ANT2 and switching between HI and LOW power when the K2 power
control is adjusted.   But no relay action.

Voltage checks show 12V on both sides of RFC2 and 5V to pin2 of U2, U3, and
U4.   Inspection shows no solder bridges around U1 or U2.

Since the LEDs are working, seems like it’s probable the processor U1 is
working OK and successfully getting its information from the K2.   Likely
problem
would seem to be with the signal RYDATA from pin 17 of the processor to pin 3
of U2.   I re-heated both these pins, with no change in results.   (By the
way, how is RYDATA supposed to get from U1,pin 17 to U2,pin 3?   Seems like
there
is no board trace connecting the two.)

Do I have a bad U2?   It did take multiple attempts before getting its pins
squared up prior to insertion in the RF board, but I had my anti-static strap
on.   Any suggestions?   Thanks.

73,
Bob, WO3E