I concur with Don and others (although I don't find tuning with the 1.8 kHz too
hard), it really does help me to hear a DX, especially on lower bands where I
have a S7+ noise floor (urban environment).

I generally tune with the 2.8 kHz and then drop in the 1.8KHz in using the II
filter setting. When setting the width to use the 1.8 kHz, it's best to use
High/Low, rather than Width and reduce the high and increase the low until you
drop down to the 1.8 kHz filter, this gives better audio and readability than
just changing the width around the centre frequency - the final setting tending
to be offset.

BTW, if you are getting the 2nd receiver, getting the 2.8 kHz filter means you
don't need to match a pair of 2.7 kHz filters, just get another 2.8 kHz for the
KRX3.

73 de David, M0XDF (K3 #174, P3 #108)
--
Whales have calves, Cats have kittens,  Bears have cubs,
Bats have bittens,  Swans have cygnets, Seals have puppies,