On 1/13/2012 12:14 PM, Ron D'Eau Claire wrote:
> It simply demonstrates that unexpected DX can be obtained on those
> frequencies, although far less frequently that one expects at H.F.

Not only on MF. During the recent RTTY RU, G3LZQ answered my CQ on 80M
around 0730Z, with a signal that was so loud that I absolutely did not
believe it was real -- a REAL S9+ on my K3, as strong as a big station
in CO. G3 is 5,200 miles and over the pole (and G is limited to 400W).
I'd never heard an 80M EU signal stronger than about about S6. I was
convinced it was a pirate playing games, and deleted the QSO from my
log, not wanting to be penalized. Turns out it was quite real, and I had
to restore it to my log.  Now I'm a believer in "ya never know.:  :)

73, Jim K9YC