I'm using a heft Alinco linear power supply in combination with my solar
panels/gel cell combo and there's no problem on the voltage now (although
maybe a low-voltage condition may have started this whole mess yesterday as
I might have only been on the solar/batteries power then).  Thanks for
mentioning this at any rate.

Just worked another DXpedition operating split with the K3's 100 watts a
moment ago (I still need to configure the KPA500 so they'll work together
again) so at least I'm able to operate again.

73,   Jeff