Given ROHS and the new world of lead-free solder that does not always "wet"
to wire or pins, you may find it useful on a mic to reheat ALL the solder
joints in the plug AND in the microphone housing.

Microphones are a very low margin item, and everyone is getting them made
CHEEP somewhere.  There are no tests to measure "just barely soldered"
connections, where the actual connection is only a handful of molecules
wide.

I have not gotten to the point where I do that routinely to brand-new
microphones, but I am sorely tempted.

Microphone cords, per se, can wear out faster than socks.  Power supply
makers spend millions of dollars of research dollars to make power supplies
even cheaper than they are now.  You want to see cheap, flimsy sh*t just
crack open your power supply, especially if you were looking for best
price.  They have made a science of not putting in anything unless it was
absolutely necessary.  They are PLANNING on a certain level of warranty
returns and have that VERY carefully balanced against lowest quality (cost)
components in a COST-ONLY equation.  Careful whom or what you implicitly
trust.  The one disgusting parallel comes from the old admonition to
not visit the sausage line at a meat-packing factory.  Their strategy
depends on your ignorance.

Always remember, tear apart your K3 DEAD LAST after EVERYTHING ELSE is
ruled out.  Most of the things we think are wrong with the transceiver are
external.  You can learn that hard or you can learn that easy.

73, Guy