I am having a similar problem with my K3 sub-receiver; my sub-receiver is not
dead but the signal levels are way down---much more so than they should be.

I noticed this the other day when operating split; I could barely hear the
stations calling the dx unless i hit the REV button.

I recently ran the latest K3 Utility and fixed the dsp error messages that I
was having as well as double-checking (and correcting) the filter settings.

I still have greatly reduced signals on the sub receiver.  This is not an
audio issue as the background hiss sounds as it should when I turn up the
audio level.

I have a day off tomorrow so I'll call elecraft support then;in the meantime
does anyone have any good ideas what the problem could be?

I've been playing around with all the antenna inputs, filter settings, BSET
settings, RX ANT settings, SUB settings to no avail or change.

73,  Jeff