Tim,

You say that the PTT output from the Tigertronics jack goes to ground,
but that does not cause the K3 to go into transmit -- I think something
is awry in that area.

Think cable - have you checked the cable between the Tigertronics and
the K3 PTT jack?  Pull the cable off the Tigertronics end and short
across the connector - does the K3 go into TX?  If not, try another
cable.  If the K3 does go into TX, then your interface is not connecting
its PTT output to ground.

73,
Don W3FPR