On Fri, 27 Jan 2012, Rem . wrote:

> I searched the Nabble archives for an answer to this and couldn't find one.
> After a long time since an update I connected the USB to serial cable today
> and launched the K3 Utility.  I double checked and I have the latest
> version of that.  The K3 Utility didn't recognize the K3.  I tried numerous
> times and the only thing that changed since the last update is that I've
> gone from OS Snow Leopard to the new version OS Lion 10.7.   Has anyone
> else had any problems?
>
> I couldn't see what version of the Prolific driver I was running so I
> downloaded the one on the Elecraft website.  The instructions with the
> downloaded driver say to go into Terminal and then the library to delete
> the old version.  In Terminal I wasn't able to get it to find that file...
> Says I need to be in Root.  Following info found online, that didn't
> help.   Any suggestions?

You do know that there are counterfeit Prolific chips and the latest
drivers from Prolific disable them. I've had no end of trouble with
those lately and I finally bought TrippLite/Keyspan USB-to-serial
cables.

You don't say where you got the cable you're talking about, but if they
have translucent blue plastic, there's a good chance it's a counterfeit
chip according to what I've seen on the intarwebs.

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - ht...@twofifty.com