Hi Joe:
Sounds like you have tapped the DISP button so that the VFO
B freq is NOT shown on the display. If you tap the DISP
button, the VFO B freq will be displayed and if you are in
split mode, the TX arrow will be pointing to B indicating
that is the freq that you will transmit on. The VFO A
display will not change in split mode to the TX freq, since
it is already shown on the display.

73, Ken K3IU