I've noticed that the ability of the K3 to "recover" from disturbances in
RS232 isn't what my memory of it used to be.

For example, if I start a second program sending query commands the the K3,
I can never get it to answer any more serial commands.  My belief is that it
used to eventually get back in sync.  I've verified this with my own serial
programs and also with k3util.  For example, when it's stuck, it won't reply
to "FA;" at all until power cycle.  (Other rig operation other than RS232 is
unaffected.)

I don't know if it's related to the input parsing code in the K3 or if it's
related to some DTR state that gets asserted briefly during the serial port
open.  But I can't find any reliable way to clear this other than rig power
cycle.  Resetting the K3 baud rate from the front panel, for example,
doesn't cause it to come back.

Leigh/WA5ZNU