Hello to group.  Wanted to give some follow up on above error code.  This code
was generated doing a Synthesizer Calibration on new K3.  I wasn't able to find
much on this on the reflector and naturally it was a weekend.  Then I
remembered Greg AB7R.  He had helped me in the past with my first K3 and so I
gave him a call.  He was in the middle of studying for an accounting final.  He
was gracious to listen to my tale of woe and of course he was able to pull up
the info on his computer regarding the error codes for the VCO MD Calibration.
It seems that if the error code is low one has to squeeze the windings on T1 on
the Synthesizer board together just a bit or if the error code is high one
needs to separate the windings slightly.  Anyway, I pulled off the synthesizer
board, opened up T1, and moved the windings a tiny bit.  I closed up the
toroid, put the synthesizer board back in and vol la, it calibrated as it was
supposed to without any errors.

I did e-mail Gary Surrency and he promptly e-mailed me with more info.  Once
again this is what makes Elecraft such a special product and company.  We get
to fix things ourselves and get answers to our questions rather than told to
send the radio in for repairs.  Kudos again to Elecraft, Greg and Gary.  73,
Steve W0SZ