My solution for CW is by using a manual PTT on the sequencer when
using CW mode sent by hand.  This always on VHF or higher with
transverters, preamps, ext TR relays and Tx amplifiers
involved.  When CW is generated by computer (keyboard) the sw I use
has built-in TR delay in the PTT command.  PTT is controlled by RTS
and keying is via DTR.  I have the same options selected for my digital sw.

On HF I have none of these so sequencing is not engaged and CW keying
is not an issue.  I suppose some day there will be an HF amplifier
for my K3 so not sure how one controls PTT with CW.  I suppose the TX
DLY setting handles normal situations for this.  I guess one needs to
check the transfer delay in amp or relays if relying on the delay
function.  If a long delay is needed QSK might not be usable. I don't
use CW on HF enough for that to be a problem for me.

73, Ed - KL7UW, WD2XSH/45