Adrian,

The Linux, Mac and Windows versions of the K3 Utility Terminal all work the
same way. As Dick mentioned in his previous response to this same question, the
K3 itself will not allow "lock on" indefinitely:

"I could remove the code that cuts off "diddle" upon running out of input
buffer, **but the K3's MCU will time out the diddle after a few seconds
anyway**, so it won't "lock on" for an indefinite period.  I'm looking into
other ways to do this, but there are a lot of things on my task list ahead
of this."

You might consider FLDigi for a more feature rich RTTY mode app.

David, W4SMT