Bob,

The easy way to do it:
Connect audio line-output from N1MM to the line-in (mono) of the K3 and
set the VOX to on.  Set in the menu mic+lin to ON. This will allow the
pc and your mic to trigger the vox of the K3.
If you still want to ptt the K3 from N1mm, which is better,  then this
ptt can be done through the serial cable. I can point you there, but you
can find this  in the N1MM config set-up. The K3 setting for this is in
the K3 config under the ptt-key item.

You can also route the your mic through the soundcard, which many people
do.  I prefer what I've written above because I often use the K3 without
my computer.

73
Arie PA3A