On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 4:53 PM, Tony Estep <estept...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 6:49 PM, iain macdonnell - N6ML <a...@dseven.org>
> wrote:
>> Have you tried running through the TX gain calibration...
> ===========
> Well, as noted, it worked before, it works now, and it wasn't working
> when the K3 was set to output 3 watts. Moreover, I changed nothing in
> the K3, just re-booted the KPA500. All of that seems inconsistent with
> a power overshoot from the K3.

Not sure I followed the sequence of events right. If it's really
faulting with 3W of drive, something is very wrong!

One thing that has caught me out (momentarily) in situations like this
.... if the amp faults, and you reach for the K3's PWR control, you'll
be adjusting the *standby* PWR. You have to clear the fault and put
the amp back in Operate before adjusting the drive power. You probably
did, but just in case..... ;)

    ~iain / N6ML