Agree with Iain - if you are using the AUX cable and it has come loose that
would explain both symptoms - no keying and no band change.

If it's not obviously loose, you should be able to get back on the air
quickly by running the key line only and disconnecting the AUX cable. The
key line is the single wire cable with the "RCA" connectors at each end. The
connections are in your Owner's manual.

With that connection, the K3 won't know if the KPA500 is on line, so you'll
have to set your drive power manually. Also the KPA500 won't change bands
until you transmit, since it will be sensing the drive power frequency to
choose the correct band.

If all is good using the Key cable, you know you have a AUX cable problem.

Ron AC7AC