So, I get my Hammarlund HQ-170A out of the storage garage because I got a
re-tubing kit and I am finally going to replace some or all of the tubes.  The
HQ-170A works but audio is a little on the weak side and sensitivity could be
improved.  I will do the tube thing first and then maybe consider some
alignment experiments.

But...

I noticed on the back, something I have never noticed before that I remember,
is that there is a 455 KC (well, it says KC) IF output.  I am guessing I might
be able to plug this into the P3.

Am I guessing right or is there some other stuff I might have to consider --
such as signal level (voltage) or other things.
I don't suppose anyone out there in Elecraft-land has hooked their HQ-170A
receiver up to the P3.  If so, let me know how it works.

73, phil, K7PEH