From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of iain macdonnell -
N6ML
Sent: 10 February 2012 16:19
To: Tommy Alderman
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Monitor (OT)

Just because one Samsung model doesn't have a problem doesn't mean
that all Samsungs are OK!

I bought a LCD monitor from Costco a couple of years ago - I'm fairly
sure it was a Samsung. It didn't have real buttons, but some sort of
touch-sensitive mechanism. Unfortunately it also turned out to be
RF-sensitive, and would turn the monitor off, or bring up the config
menu, etc., when I transmitted on certain frequencies. I returned it,
and bought a Viewsonic, which has real buttons, and have had no
problems with that one.

YMMV, of course....

    ~iain / N6ML

database 6874 (20120210) __________