From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of n...@n5ge.com
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2012 12:21 PM
To: k...@att.net
Cc: Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] sub receiver

You're gonna love it!

Tom, N5GE licensed 1976 as WN5QGE

"The marvel of all history is the patience with which men and women
submit to burdens unnecessarily laid upon them by their governments."
George Washington.

On Thu, 9 Feb 2012 11:40:02 -0600, <k...@att.net> wrote:

>I've had my ticket since 1974 (WN4IKG)  I have owned over 25 rigs but never
had one with two receivers. I 've always worked split with two VFOs but
after a few emails from you guys and thinking about it (brain taxing) I can
see where the second receiver would be useful. When I was working the HK0NA
group, I just transmitted where they said they were listening but they had
about a 10 kHz spread so it was a guess whether they would hear me or not.
It would be nice to know exactly where they are listening.  Thanks for the
advice.  Love the reflector.
>Shipped my K2 off this morning and sold my IC 7000 last weekend. I am sans
rig until this afternoon when UPS comes!
>I haven't been without a rig in I don't know how long!  Its lonely.
>
>John KE4D
>

>My K3/100 kit arrives tomorrow. I did not order the sub receiver. I have
>only a vertical here and have some antenna restrictions (height) I use a
>SteppIR BigIR and it works great for me with my height restriction. So,
>unless one of you can explain to me why I should have the sub receiver with
>only one antenna, I'm leaving it the with one! I'm sure I don't understand
>receiver diversity since I never heard of it until recently. Guide me!
>
>John KE4D
>K3 SN
[snip]