Apologies if this topic has been covered previously.

I have a Tokyo Hy-Power HL45B amplifier that I would like to use with my KX3
when it arrives.

This little 40 watt amp is designed to be keyed and to track band changes via a
DIN cable to a Yaesu FT-817 accessory port. Band changes are handled by sensing
a voltage (0 - 4 volts) supplied by the FT-817. (See voltage table in the
FT-817 manual Appendix.)

My question is what kind of linear amp interface does the KX3 have? I assume it
offers a connection to key the amp, but wonder if it provides an interface for
supplying band change info to the amp. If so, can it be made to supply voltages
to emulate an FT-817?

I use the HL-45B with my Flex-1500 (without band tacking capability) and it
does a nice job. However, it takes extra candle power on my part to push the
right band button before I key up.

Thanks and 73,
Lyn - KC8I