On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 10:29:32PM -0700, EricJ wrote:
> And those of us who took our 13 wpm AND 20 wpm code tests in front of a
> grumpy FCC Inspector waiting for retirement instead of a collegial VE buddy
> can't stand to be in the same room with ANY of you guys!
>
> Eric
> KE6US

Bah, humbug!

Many other countries ceased code testing right after the ITU dropped the
requirement and I don't recall seeing much of a reaction.  As an OF of
66 years (licensed for 52 of them), I don't look at this as the end of
the world at all (nor do I fear the "regulation by bandwidth"
proposal).

CW isn't going away.  At least it will no longer be looked at as a
hindrance to potential hams.

73, Bob, N7XY (20wpm Extra)

--
Bob Nielsen, N7XY