Definitely a scam.

The big image embedded at the end of the description with the "contact
me before bidding or I will cancel your bid" is a dead giveaway.  That
sort of demand is against ebay rules.  The scammers put those words in
an image file so that automated processes don't see them.  That way, the
auction will stay up a little longer.

That auction will disappear within a few hours but the scammer is hoping
a bunch of gullible guys will come along and send him $2,500 each before
ebay shuts it down.

The account is probably legitimate but doesn't belong to the scammer.
He has undoubtedly hijacked a legit account -- probably due to an easy
to guess password.

73,
-Doug, W7KF
http://www.w7kf.com