From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Dave Zeph
Sent: 22 February 2012 04:46
To: 'Igor Kosvin'; 'Bryon'; 'elecraft'
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 Setup and CM500 Headset Questions

The K3 can apply BIAS to either the Front 8-Pin Microphone Connector or the
rear 1/8" Connector.  BIAS settings for both are OFF, LOW, and HIGH.

The K3 uses the Kenwood Microphone Connector pinout.  Also if a Heil Adapter
is used, it has to be a version without the 1uF Blocking Capacitor.  Heild
makes both one for use with their HC4 / HC5 Dynamic Elements and another for
use with their iC Electret elements.

73 -- Dave, W9ZRX