Hi Ian,
Many of us are in that boat.  I don't believe the KTA500 is vaperware.  I'm
just cooling my heals for the reason you cited, unreliable products from the
competition.  I want good products and great support from people that care
about their customers.  That is worth the wait, even if it is until the end of
the year.  Heck the K3 tuner will load a hairpin, I would expect the KTA500
will as well.  If I just couldn't wait any longer ,I think I would find a
manual tuner to hold me over (one that had a good resale value). :)
73,
Bill
AK5X

On Feb 24, 2012, at 8:05 AM, Ian Kahn wrote:

> All,
>
> I find myself finally admitting that I need an antenna tuner that supports
> high power.  I run a K3/P3 combo with an Ameritron AL-811H amp.  Since we
> are still waiting on word about pricing and release date for the KAT500, I
> find myself looking at other alternatives for a 1 - 1.5 KW auto tuner.
> What are others using?  Several people I know have had issues with the LDG
> AT-1000PRO, so I probably want to stay away from that one.
>
> Thanks in advance for the advice.
>
> 73,
>
> -- Ian
> Ian Kahn, KM4IK