On Feb 25, 2012, at 11:52 AM, David Pratt <da...@g4dmp.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

> I whole heartedly agree with your there, Dick. Unless one has physical
> shortcomings, it is much better to build one's own Elecraft equipment.

Heck, *I* agree with this. If I hadn't "physical shortcomings" (I guess totally
blind counts…), and the building of stuff, even kits, is the one bit of the
hobby I really feel as though I've missed out on. Because of this lack of
personal, hands-on experience, I feel all of my knowledge (or a good lot of it,
anyway) is very abstract, and I feel as though I don't know as much as a nearly
25-year time in ham radio would suggest I should.

Of course, having said that, i just love my Elecraft gear. Both pieces have
special stories. And really looking forward to the KX3 I have on order. So,
built or preassembled, it's all good. But I do wish I could've built.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: (814) 860-3194 or 888-75-BUDDY