I have run my XV144 and the internal k144XV side by side on the same and
different antennas (one with a mast preamp) to see if there was any
performance advantage between them, and decide if I should sell my XV144 as
now extra equipment.

Lots of A/B switching listening to our 2M weak signal nets and a few
contests and I have concluded there is no RX performance difference to my
ear, some internal spurs on the internal transverter, but nothing that
affects me, and the TX power is 7Watts out internal vs 20W out on the
external transverter.  I have a 10W in 2M amp so 7W is good enough, and the
internal covers the FM portion of the band.  I also used both to drive my
903 and 1296 transverters and they both worked great.

So my XV144 external sits lonely now.  Advantage goes to the Internal as I
have the K144XV reflock option and the K3 hi stability TCXO option so it is
dead on up to 2M.

- Mike