Steve,

Although some have been confused by the readings at first, I don't see any
advantage in modifying the internal voltmeter to read the external supply
voltage - what it reads is the actual voltage the K2 is operating at - but
if changing it is your choice, by all means do it - it should be a simple
task of padding R10 (or lowering its value a bit).

By process of elimination, the more 'critical' voltage regulator is the 8
volt low dropout regulator.  The main thing the 5 volts drives is the front
panel and control board digital stuff and as long as the voltage is within
the tolerances for digital components, it will be close enough.

The really critical circuit - the PLL is regulated by a secondary regulator
down to 5 volts driven from the 8 volt line.

The major parts of the K2 driven from the 8 volt regulator are the IF amp
and product detector, the AGC, and the low level transmit stages - the
devices used in those stages are not particularly sensitive to the voltage
level.  The only thing really sensitive to the exact voltage level is the
AGC threshold since it is a resistive divider. I would think you could
better 'improve' your K2 by carefully setting the AGC threshold level by
changing the Control Board R1 value and leave the regulator as it is.  As I
recall, you may have optimized the AGC Threshold the last time you 'tweaked'
your K2.

73,
Don W3FPR