Bill,

For the headache, take 2 aspirin and call me in the morning! :-)

Since you do not have 8 volts on the anode of D7 during transmit, that
says the 8T voltage rail is not producing voltage, and that 8T voltage
is needed to power the transmit mixer and a few other transmit stages -
so bottom line, it will not transmit without voltage on the 8T voltage rail.

The source of your problem is on the control board, and involves Q1 and
Q3 as well as the TX output from the MCU.  During Transmit (or better a
TUNE), the gate of Q3 should go to +5 volts, and its drain should go to
zero volts.  If the gate of Q3 is at 5 volts and the drain does not go
to zero volts, then Q3 is damaged.

The action of Q3 in turn should make Q1 conduct with the emitter at
about 8 volts and the base at a lower voltage (by more than 0.6 volts) -
in other words less than 7.4 volts on the base of Q1.  If those
conditions are true, then Q1 will conduct and 8 volts will appear at the
collector of Q1.

73,
Don W3FPR