Thanks to Iain and the others who responded off the reflector.  I plugged
in the K3's IF output to the second rig's sub RX input and sure enough
heard the same signals.  When the Sub-RX was set to 8.215 MHz it appeared
that there was about a -1.3 KHz difference between the VFO position that
would tune in the signal on the K3 vs via the IF.  I imagine this is normal
(someone please let me know if it's not).

So it appears that I have properly functioning IF output.  I have gone
through various troubleshooting approaches with the LP Pan (jumpers,
levels, etc.) and it still does not appear to be working -- only noise
shows up.  I have a softrock which works fine w/ both sound cards.  I think
I'm approaching the end of the troubleshooting I can do (I don't have a
sufficient oscilloscope to test the LP-PAN's oscillator), so if anyone has
any suggestions for things to try at this point I'd appreciate the advice.

Thanks again!

73,
Matt NQ6N