Greetings -- This is probably well known to mose but for those who may be
interested in changing frequencies/modes within a band...What I do is assign
each band to a button 160-10 -- buttons 1 thru 9.  (6 meters on 0).  Then
when I am on a given band, I use the DVR/memory buttons to save additional
frequencies -- a bit like band stacking registers but I have to push two
buttons instead of one (M>V, and the "DVR memory key").  I use memory 1 for
a favorite frequency on cw,  memory 2 for the PSK31 frequency on the given
band (also saving mode), memory 3 for rtty (also saving mode), and memory 4
for a favorite frequency in the phone band.  I'm never too far away from
operating where I want to be.  (If you wish, you can also save VFO A
frequency significantly far away from VFO B frequency and use a/b to move
from one end of a sub band to the other, also)  Of course you can also input
a frequency using the numeric buttons which is fairly quick also.  73 de
Greg-N4CC