Lance,

There are only 2 conductors in the ACC1 jack, so no RTS input - only TXD
and RXD.  Your application will have to put the KX3 into transmit via
the TX command (HRD can do that, I don't know about others), then use RX
to get back to receive.

You can build the "one transistor keying circuit" that is published in
so many of the digital application help files and use that output to
drive PTT.  Unfortunately, that solution rules out using the KXUSB cable
- you would need to use a USB to serial adapter or a real serial port to
have the RTS (or DTR) signal available.

73,
Don W3FPR