From: Nick-WA5BDU
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2012 6:37 PM
To: Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] [K3] 1st CW QSO on 60M

I got in a CW QSO on the first day the new privilege became available.
Pretty fun.  I set up another bank of memories for the CW frequencies.

Then I was thinking that it's kind of difficult to check for USB QSOs in
progress with the way CW is required to transmit 1.5kHz above the USB
carrier frequency.  You're listening too high even  if you go to USB
mode and open the bandwidth. It's cumbersome.

My next notion was to program the CW frequency into each of the five
channels but put the USB frequency and mode into VFO B for each memory.
That way I can just hit the A/B switch to monitor the channel on USB,
tuned properly, proper bandwidth.  If OK, I go back to VFO A and put out
a call.

With an asterisk in front of each channel's name, I can use VFO A to
"channel" hop up and down the five channel band.  One minor problem here
is that VFO B doesn't follow along with the channel hopping.  It might
be useful if it did so.

73-

Nick, WA5BDU

-----