I started off with a normal G5RV and the tuner handled it fine.  But, it works
better as an all band antenna with the tuner if you do what I did and eliminate
the matching section (which only matches 20M's) and replace it with ladder or
window line down to a balun or at least a current choke outside your shack with
a short length of coax to the rig.

This set up lets the KAT3 comfortably tune all bands except 160.

Mine is at 35' and I worked 175 countries last year with the barefoot K3.  Not
bad for a minimal antenna.

Rick
K6LE