I would also like to see something like this, but there are a few
obstacles to overcome:

- I don't think there are many rigs out there that implement direct
alphabetic keying via their CAT interfaces.

- I've looked for an API for such a facility in hamlib, the major
multi-manufacturer/multi-rig interface programming library, and I was
not able to find it.  This means that if you want to make use of the
KY command, you will need to write your own rig interface code, which
is a lot of overhead.

- The added delays of sending the KY command over the serial port, and
then having the rig interpret and execute the command, might be a bit
too long for some ops to tolerate.  Toggling a serial port pin is
faster -- it's just not the "right" way to do it.

73,
Andy, N2CN

Andrew Siegel
113 Gary Rd