Edward R. Cole wrote

> I obtained a brand-new calibrated 25H element for my Bird43 power
> meter, today.  I checked power out on my K3/10 set to 12.0w.
> 80m = 11w
> 40m = 11w
> 20m = 11.5w
> 15m = 11.5w
> 10m = 11.5w
> all measurements into a Bird 25w coaxial termination

Bird accuracy is +/-5% of full scale (25W for your slug) or +/- 1.25 Watts,
so the above is within spec.  If you want better accuracy, consider the
LP-100A which is +/- 5% of reading.  At 12 Watts, this would be +/- 0.6
Watts or twice as good as a Bird...and probably cheaper as well considering
the cost of a comparable set of slugs.

http://www.telepostinc.com/lp100.html

73,  Bill