It's no surprise ... I've been getting many inquiries
about dust covers and carrying cases for the KX3,
and I've been shipping dust covers for a few weeks.

Elecraft has loaned me an empty KX3 housing with
knobs for use as a manikin to make the dust covers,
and now I'm using it to make a prototype carrying case.

The case is made along the lines of my K1, K2 and K3
cases and all that's left is to try several approaches to
the interior of the case.  The goal has been to house
and protect the KX3 and provide space for accessories.
The radio will be stowed vertically on (either) end, and
there's space for a power cord, microphone, key and/or
the paddle set and perhaps a wire antenna.  Side and
front pockets will be optional, as with my other cases.

I'll be sending photos to Elecraft in a few days to get
their "take" on the product and then I'll have the cases
available.  I'll be showing one at Visalia, of course.

Stay tuned ...

73!

Rose - N7HKW
elecraftcov...@gmail.com