On 3/16/2012 9:59 AM, mark roz wrote:
> Interesting. I have build 600W amp with four Motorola MRF150
> transistors and I can easily get 600W output with 7W input.

Well, after a little more research (finding the KPA-500 schematics on
the FCC web site) ... there is a fixed attenuator between the input
wattmeter and the input matching network (L-net on 6 and an attenuator
on HF).  The constants don't match those of classic 50 Ohm in/50 Ohm
Out 3dB pad but are close.

Of course, It is entirely possible that the KPA firmware includes gain
measurement will cause a shutdown if the gain is too high

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV