I am planning to operate mobile from all 50 states in the near future.
The KX3 is exactly what I have been looking for EXCEPT for the 10 watt
limitation.  The Elecraft KPA100 amp option for the KX3 would work great
EXCEPT that it apparently won't be available until after my road trips
have concluded.  So I went looking for an alternative amp to boost the
KX3 to around 100 Watts or so.  The following reply to my query from
Tokyo Hy-Power looks very promising and I thought others might also want
to check it out:
-----------------------------------
The HL-100bdx... available only direct from Japan is a better
choice...... Designed for QRP rigs.... 10W IN = 100W out >>
http://www.thp.co.jp/english/hl_100bdx_e.html
The delivered price is in the $650 range...
If you're interested  I can have Japan quote you an exact  price to your
door......

73,
*Tom Rum*W5RUM
Tokyo Hy-Power Technical Support