If the K3's antenna tuner is not set to 'Bypass' then there will almost
certainly be a
difference, since the external tuner is reading the SWR between the output of
the internal
tuner and the antenna, while the K3's reading is between the K3's final
amplifier and its
tuner. This difference can be very great, because the internal tuner is doing
its job!

If your K3 does not have an internal tuner or you have set it to Bypass, then
there may be
a small difference due to inaccuracies in the tuners, and stray inductance and
capacity in
the K3's output circuitry. You can ignore this -- I would use the K3's reading
in this
case because it represents what the K3's final amplifier is seeing.

--
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA