HI Frank:

Hmmm.  I personally doubt that any competitors are doing market
research via polls.... at least not polls on an interest group.  For
one thing, all they would need to do is read the email postings.
They'd learn all they need to know to be competitive.

For example:

Elecraft makes innovative ham gear.

Elecraft gear is ranked very high in performance.

Elecraft prides itself in after-sale customer service.

Elecraft updates and improves their product lines, and offers free
updates of firmware.

Elecraft equipment owners are a very loyal customer base.

Elecraft's officers -participate- in the email dialog, often taking
to heart, ideas generated by customers.

Elecraft is beating them at their own game.   Well, maybe.  Elecraft
is a smaller company, but they are doing an extraordinary job.

73 de Ray
K2ULR