A solid 15v (adjustable to 15v) supply is best, capable of 30 amp with good
regulation.
Good quality switch mode recommended.

 A cable upgrade into the K3 is recommended too.
The original K3 factory cable has too much volt drop, my replacement is 4 x
the size of original csa.

15v in with cable upgrade to provide ~0.4v volt drop provides;

Significant TX IM3 performance

Elimination of high current warmings and bucks especially on 6m

Instant full power as set on turn on & first TX, no "K3 power creep up to
full level after a while" issue.

No problem to run a P3 with svga adaptor direct from K3 as is without the
0.6 amp resettable fuse tripping.
No mods required, and P3 turns on with the K3.

Mine runs at 15.2v no-load and 14.8v loaded, and has never performed better.

Adrian ... vk4tux