Dave, Yes well xyl problems can be very tricky to resolve.

If money was no barrier a remote K0/K3 setup may have solved the aesthetics
issue, and cut the feedline length to small numbers.
Not sure how you measured the loss on the 75 ohm coax?

A ocf dipole fed with a Balun designs 4115ocf balun will outperform a fan
dipole any day, and is less obvious apart from the balun.
T Length 41.5m  fed 36% point; 27.5m long leg 14m short leg.

Worked 4A4A & T31A with best VK results using this one antenna for all bands
worked.

Only you would want to go to low loss 50 ohm coax like lmr etc. Of course
balanced line and unbalanced antennas don't mix so coax
 is necessary with the ocf. The dual core choking - true current 4:1 balun
keeps the radiation in the antenna and not the feedline.

The antenna develops gain on the long leg lobes on higher bands and for USA
a long leg to south and short leg to North would suit
your position with some slope to cover nth /sth.

Adrian ... vk4tux

Adrian,

I sent this on the reflector but I thought I would also send it to you
directly.

The 72 ohm coax I am using is what the cable company used to get from the
main line pole to a house. It is about
10 mm or 3/8" in diameter with a "carrier" wire molded onto it.
The coax is not too lossy because I measured the loss when I first installed
it several years ago to be sure. I use a choke balun at the feed point made
with cores slipped over a 3 ft. piece of RG-213.

I must have long runs of transmission line to get my antennas away from my
wife's eyes. When I got back into the hobby in 1989 I put up a center fed
wire in a field 1,200 feet from my shack near the back of my property and
fed it with ladder line and a tuner. Nobody could hear me so I took that
down. I still have plenty of ladder line and some great places to put up
antennas but they are far away and ladder line cannot lay on the ground in
the woods out of sight like coax. Having ladder line in the air hanging off
trees or some other supports on the way to an antenna from my house is not
acceptable.

Maybe I just need to get more creative about placing my dipoles closer to
the house and yet out of sight. I am open to any reasonable ideas.

Dave - KO4KL