Bill,

Based on my experience with the K3, an hour is nowhere the time needed to
get familiar with the rig.

I've had mine for almost a year and am learning new things all the time.
That said, I have and am using it daily in DX chasing and consider it the
finest rig I have ever owned.

Get the manual and Fred Cady's expanded veresion then start reading and
setting up and making QSO's. Read the archives on this reflector and
gradually you will begin to appreciate what the K3 can do for you.

This comes from a ham who was first licensed in 1948 and has operated and
owned almost all the rigs since that time.

Again, accept that you will have a slow, but exciting learning curve which
will reward you with performance you can use to do almost anything you want.

73 Don  K5AQ