Hi Alan,

This note is on page 9 of the KPA500 manual. Two way control only occurs
with a K3.

"Band switching control in which the KPA500 follows the transceiver band
selection without
transmitting is available with other popular transceivers such as Icom and
Yaesu with the
appropriate interconnection cable. See AUX Connector Interface on pg 17.
However, the control
is one-way. The KPA500 cannot command the transceiver to change bands."

73,
Mike K2MK

WA6KEK wrote